Tuesday, January 8, 2013

We Indian employees!

We think that staying back late in office is one way to get noticed.
One way to get promoted.
One way to show people that you are extremely busy.
One way to show your boss that you have been toiling hard and you deserve to be the next boss.

Why? WHY?

Is it something we have been taught in school? Or college?

Personally, I feel staying back late in office is as shameful as coming late to office. Here I want to make a confession. I am no early reportee at work. Somehow over time, I have gotten used to the fact that its OK to go to work a little late. Trust me, it's not OK. They notice, and one day they send you a memo! :D
My question however is, why is it that staying back late is not treated with the same disrespect then? If I stay back late in office, I SHOULD be given a memo. Ya, seriously, if you can't finish your work within the stipulated time, you ought to be finished  punished. OK, fine, sometimes we cannot finish the work in the given time, so we overstay our working hours. But we shouldn't overdo it right? Working till 1 a.m. or 5 a.m. Hello!

But I tell you, these days such petty strategies work. People who overstay at office actually end up looking important and busy and in turn get rewarded with promotions or hikes.

Seriously, people should start looking at the work done, not the time when it gets done!

If you salute your Duty
You don't need to salute
Anybody,
But
If you pollute your Duty, You have to Salute Everybody 
A.P.J Abdul Kalam

3 comments:

thinkin said...

Hey :)
Been a looooong time..
Read several of your posts.. Totally loved each one of them!!
And you know what,, I cant wait to know more about Naaz, Ajith and Dev.. their story, whatever happens to each one of them..
Intrigues me, with every post about 'em..
Keep in touch.. :)

me said...

Heyyy! I know, its been ages no? :) Honestly, I'm going through a writer's block at this juncture. I'm raking my brains with this story. But I'm so glad you liked it! :)
And it's so nice to hear from you after so long :)

Neha Sharma said...

I couldn't have agreed more...