Thursday, January 31, 2013

New Friendship. New beginnings. New joys!

After Ajith came into my life, I started living again. In one sense, his friendship completed my loneliness and mine, his. 
We went out for movies in the weekends, ate out whenever possible and did a lot of shopping together. 
Ajith always cracked funny jokes, and I would take the liberty to laugh out loud in his presence. He didn't mind. I didn't either. 
We were two carefree individuals, totally enjoying each other's company. 
Ajith wouldn't miss any opportunity to flirt with other girls and I'd laugh so much after he'd be let down by all those girls.  Yet he never gave up.
"Find a good girl for me no, Naaz" he'd ask me with his puppy eyes.
'Do I look a broker to you, you idiot' I'd laugh back
"Good friends will do that much at least na..."
'Well then this good friend of yours, will shed blood and sweat to find a beautiful girl, but I may die in the process and you'd still be single' 
"Heyyy... Hello Naaz! You just wait till I find a beautiful girl and introduce her to you. You will be all jealous and all"
'Ya right, in your dreams, I will be jealous. Listen, Ajith, honestly, if you did find a girl for yourself, I'd be really happy for you!'
"Hmm... yeah, you mean it" he smiled at me.
I smiled back. 

It felt good. I had a friend. A guy friend. 

No comments: