Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Boss a? Illa Loosu a?

Vadivelu is a funny guy. Or whoever writes his lines, is a funny guy. In any case, this post is not about him. I just stole his line from a movie for my blog title. So I thought I should give some credit.

This post is actually about bosses. And some looosu cases.

Ok may be not bosses.

NOTE: This post is a work of pure fiction. Well, not exactly fiction. Somebody once narrated this to me and I jotted it down, cause I found it funny. If you feel it sounds familiar or is remotely related to somebody you know or if you are trying to think who it is, no need to rake your brains. Just read ahead! :D

There was once a boss, who was a typical loosu case. She would say do this thing, and then send 2 people to spy to see if the person was really doing it or doing something else. She is like this one turtle story I heard somewhere. It is one super semma comedy story. 

3 turtles went out on a trek. (This in itself is a semma comedy line no?) Anyway, so they trekked, and trekked and trekked. Like for a long time they trekked. Then they felt very hungry. So they all sat down to eat, when one of the turtles realized he forgot to bring his food. All became semma angry at his foolishness. And the other two turtles were very strict about sharing food, because they only brought enough food for one. The absent-minded turtle then announced that he was going to go back to get his food and that the other two turtles should not eat while he was away. He made them promise him. They promised and he left. 
The two paavam turtles, waited, waited, waited and waited. 

Still waiting.

Waiting. 

Waiting.

Waiting.

(Ok, I'll stop)

So even after 2 years, the mokkai turtle didn't come back. These paavam turtles sat hungry waiting for him to return. (Yes they waited 2 years without eating; I told you its a story right?) 
Then finally, one brainy turtle said "Hey what da machan, that mokkai payyan will not return. At least let us eat. I am famished." The other agreed and they opened their tiffin boxes to eat. 
Suddenly, they heard a bush moving and they saw their mokkai friend walk towards them. 
He spoke angrily, "I KNEW IT! I knew you guys wouldn't wait for me to return. That's why I stood spying on you for two years, testing you to see if you would really keep your promise"

Ada mokkai payyaley! Nee innum pogalliya? 

Super story no? 

So, that boss was like this only. She used to make people hit their head on the wall; everyday. She would 'delegate' work, and then sit on their back, like vetal on Vikram's back' and go 'noi noi noi noi,' finished a? finished a? show me? finished a? when will you finish? finished a? why is it like? why is it not like that? 

She is one typical case only. 

She would schedule a meeting with somebody and then talk to somebody about how she is an olympic gold medalist, a pilot, a Nobel laureate, a top chef, F1 racer, dancer, actress, singer and ah, yes, a martian! She would claim that she was every damn thing in this universe.

If somebody met a vendor and updated her about the company and she would go "Ya ya, I know... I used to be in this business and all... I know everything." Somebody once met a Radio Jockey and told her about the how they could tap Radio for marketing and she went "Ya ya, I know everything about Radio. I have trained Radio Jockeys and I have been one myself." Somebody asked her, "WOW Really? When? Which Radio Station? What frequency?"

She doesn't like being asked question, because she really can't conjure up stories fast. She needs time. Because, she has no brain. So when somebody asked her these questions, she stammered, drank water, coughed and asked somebody to get out.

Somebody came out of the room and rolled on the floor in joy. Somebody defeated her. 

Somebody worked with her for 3 years and became bald. Also, somebody's head was starting to look like that of Megamind's. It was on the verge of bursting open.

Somebody wrote an article on women achievers of India, to be published in the company magazine. She looked through it, smirked and said "Write an article on prostitutes in India"
Somebody went "Ehhh?"
She said "What? Write an article on prostitutes. They work hard for a living"

Somebody resigned the job immediately!

Boss a? Illa loosu a?

No comments: