Sunday, August 19, 2007

Curse

"Hell with you...you will never ever lead a happy life...die a rotten death..."

What do we do when we get angry? What do we do when someone inflicts pain? What do we do when we are hurt by someone's loss caused by that drunk driver? What do we do...???

Have you ever felt like cursing someone?? Someone who took away your happiness, someone who made you cry, someone who took you for granted, someone who abused you or told you that you are a piece of junk who is good-for-nothing and cannot do anything right...Have you cursed this someone???

If the answer is 'Yes'...then my friend...read on...
even if the answer is 'no' you may still want to read further...

A person (lets call him Layman1) meets his friend(Layman2) over dinner and while they talk about distant fancy things they are quick to pick up a quarrel and Layman1 swears on Layman2 and calls him a rogue, an idiot and a total ass. Layman2 smirked and said ..." Thank you for your appeal but I have the right to discard this. And hence I do not accept this appeal that you have just made."
Of course, just like you and me Layman1 did not understand what he just said.
So...Layman2 continues ..."I offered some gifts to God, but it so happened that God was displeased with my gifts as they were not desirable and he decided to return it. Where do you think God will bring back the gifts to?"
Layman1 "To you of course, because you made the rotten offering."
Layman2 "Exactly. Just like how you cursed me but it was rotten and I did not like it, I gave it back to you. My friend you have just called yourself 'a rogue, an idiot and a total ass."
Layman1 was embarrassed.

The point is clear. Do not curse anybody no matter what amount of pain you are going through. I was taught at a very early stage that if I cursed someone I was bringing God's wrath unto myself.

Though you may argue that curses do come true...think about it...if you curse someone swearing they should lose their job/money and lets say the same comes true...imagine the pain the person you cursed must be going through...and you are automatically subjected to misery because you brought disaster unto your brother and who are we to punish people? anybody who does not take care of his brother has to suffer...because we are all responsible for each other.

This is very complicated...I can sense it too...but the only thing I want to believe in is I should never bring pain unto others and I must never curse!

Sadly enough, I have cursed some people and regret for having done so...All I can do is pray for them and their well being.

And so you decide!

1 comment:

thinkin said...

Hmmmm.....I feel much better after reading this post of yours....I can proudly say that I have never have had the urge to curse or abuse someone.Even if I tried doing so,I could never get any kind of satisfaction.What makes me think,is the reason behind anybody disturbing my mental peace and my role in it..
I feel good :) thnx...