Wednesday, June 20, 2012

From driving to Dancing.


Driving and I have a love-hate relationship. I can't live with it, and I can't live without it. I drive to every possible nook and corner of the city, even if it is just 200 meters away. (I'm scared of dogs, chain snatchers and the like)
I tell you, there is nothing more nerve wrecking than driving in Chennai. You have to watch out for the horrendous bus drivers, who I suspect are driving with the sole purpose of killing the rest of the commuters, the bikers who will wade through any possible gap, the autorickshaw anna who will sometimes only drive in the middle of the road and if you honk at him, he'll generously hurl abuses at you, the taxi drivers who will overtake you bringing you to a screeching halt and speed past as if we don't know how to drive and of course, the who's-who of the city, who with their sirens sounding loud will drive only on the opposite side of the road with their flags waving, as if mocking at our pity state. Amidst all this chaos, how am I to keep my cool and most importantly keep my car from scratches? But, this post is not about driving and the tribulations I face as a driver.

This post is about what I do in the car while driving. Yes, I shift gears and accelerate and brake, but I also play blaring music to shift my focus from thrashing the driver by my side to choreographing a song. Amusing no?

It's no surprise that my beautiful mind is an avid traveller. Travelling distant places, all at once. So while I'm working mechanically to make my car move, my mind is patiently instructing dancers on a show how to dance to the song that's playing on my system. I pray they design a device that can download thoughts into real. You'll be happy to see how well we all dance!
I imagine wearing pretty costumes, some awesome makeup and hairdos and I see the crowd going mad at our darn good steps. This happens every single day in my car.

Earlier on, I used to fall asleep while driving. Blame the distance and my inability to do anything else apart from driving! But after I started employing my mind into some productive work, I feel fresh and active after a drive. How weird is that? I love it! There have been weirder times, when I have taken a longer route to my house, so that I will have ample time to complete my dance. And all of this is happening inside my head!

I asked myself why I'm following this habit while driving. Seems like I love dancing. So obvious isn't it?
After about a month of imaginary dancing, I joined a dance school here and I'm thoroughly enjoying my time learning dance. You know, I should have joined earlier!
This doesn't mean, I stopped my imaginary dancing in the car. Now I have some distinct steps to apply to the songs. That's the difference :)

No comments: