Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cane opens the file



***The Cane and Cee series - PART 2***



**I waited impatiently for my doom as Cane opened the file**


Cane opened the file and just as he did, his phone rang.

Whew! I sighed in joy.

But my joy didn't last long. Cane started browsing through the documents as he was talking on the phone. But he did it in the most annoying manner. He closed the file, opened the file. closed it, opened it.
Every time he opened the file my heart shifted to my mouth, and every time he closed it, it went back in to wherever it was. He kept it doing it so much, that I sincerely prayed his phone conversation would end. I'd rather actually die than anticipating whether I will really die or not.

After a tense 10 mins his conversation came to an end.

He looked at me and smiled and said, "Sorry Cee, let's get back to work"
'Yes please get your gun ready' I smiled nervously

He skimmed through the documents one by one. Each time looking at me and looking back into the file. He closed the file and stared at me.

I stared back at him. He didn't blink once. I was shivering in fear. I looked down on the floor and studied the mosaic pattern. I slowly looked up and the same fixed frozen stare. His stare was enough to kill me.

'I'm sorry Sir.' I spoke in utmost fear
"You better be."
Hmmm... am I supposed to say anything more? apologize more?

"I don't have such a distorted smile Cee. Here, look at this." He showed the cartoon I drew of him.

ermm..
My jaw dropped.

"Go draw better cartoons. Go"






No comments: