Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Taare Zameen Par!


I am 'me'
The way I was created
I love myself
But they don't
Do I care?
No
That's why I live
But why do you cry
That I am not 'them'
Why do you look at them first
And look down upon me?
Look at me
Not through me
Feel it
'They' cannot be me
I'm unique
Is that a grave error?
Please...
It hurts me
I'm shattered
Don't you see?
I am 'me'
Accept me
Rebuke me not
I will forever remain, 'me'

Imagine the little boy's heart crying out the very same words I managed to utter in despair...You cannot help but cry. Completely melts your heart...The 2 1/2 hours that I spent in the theater watching this amazing movie are the best 'hours' I've spent in my life...

And what stunned me most, Aamir meekly putting in Starring 'Darsheel Safary' followed by the other casts including him! Applause, that says it all! I'm reminded of the saying, 'For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.'

Aamir Khan has taken utmost care in making this movie, not a flaw anywhere. Starting from the bus conductor's attitude, the bullies in the colony, the school teachers, and students. Of course, you cannot miss to notice the loving mother and the affectionate brother and the strict father, a perfect family. One should note how Aamir Khan has made sure the mother never compares her sons. Ishaan's elder brother Yohaan is an ace tennis player, highest scorer in school, and all that but, Ishaan is Ishaan and never compared to Yohaan! Perfect. I have seen so many movies where the parent says "Look at you brother, he is so good! Why can't you be like him?" (Duh!) Aamir is some perfectionist I must say.

Taare Zameen Par basically revolves around the theme that everybody is unique and special. That each of us are special. I know the tag reads "Every child is special." But then, we do become children sometimes...don't we? This movie makes you feel proud of yourself!

It's amazing how Aamir Khan handled the subject of 'Dyslexia.'

to be continued...

No comments: