Thursday, December 11, 2008

what do you call that?

when I was in Hyderabad, I'd keep comparing the place with Chennai and crib about hyd not having this-and-that and all that...when I'd talk to someone about Chennai and hyd I'd tell them how much I miss hyd not having a beach... I'd tell them stuff about how much fun it is to go to the beach and walk and play and eat at the beach... I'd laugh at Hussain Sagar lake and tell myself, 'thu, ithu ellam oru water body' (translates into: they call this a water body?)
its been over 6 months since I got back to Chennai, and its shocking how I have never been to the beach once! not even once!
I mean, if I was raving about it so much and if I was an acting ambassador for marina beach, then the first thing I should have done after landing here, was to make a visit to the beach, which I obviously didn't!
for that matter, I don't even go to church these days (I SHOULD BE ASHAMED!)
hmmm... may be it has to do with the fact that I don't have company... or may be that I'm lazy or may be I'm too engrossed with college or may be because I'm not 'that' crazy about the beach after all...
I was probably just trying to create a reason for not liking hyd!

2 comments:

Zorami said...

I guess u were kinda resistant to the change u had to undergo ..:) from wat u've written I can say ur quiet adapted to the change now )

Hey! Can I suggest u a sharing engine? : ) It’s called Tell-a-Friend with which visitor like me can easily share ur posts with frens thru mails,IMs,blogs,socialnetworking sites etc...u cn simply register on www.socialtwist.com Careful with the site type u choose..al d best : )

Kishore said...

If it was hyd for u..its blr for me...I do wish if there was a beach in blr :) ...When i came to Chennai..i was complaining there is no ordinary pub in Chn...as if i am a freq visitor to the blr pubs... :)

U shd simply call that human attitude of seeing the other side always greener.